A blog that pairs wine with cheese chocolate music.

Hello, my name is Abby.

My photo
Two passions in my life are wine and music, both of which are wonderfully impossible to ever fully understand or categorize. Wine is a new hobby, while music has been a companion of mine since I can remember. Life can be tough, work can be hard, and school can be demanding, but I have found that with a glass of wine and the right song- relaxation is only a splash and a click away.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Starry Night Never Fails

     I am usually not a big fan of Pinot Grigio; I am  Sauvignon Blanc kind-of-girl. However, I am also a BIG fan of art, so when a bottle label strikes my eye, my grape varietal loyalty goes right out the door. This has gotten me in trouble before, but this time my love for art made me stumble upon, what I consider, the best Pinot I have ever had.

     Those that know me well, know that I love Vincent Van Gogh's work. Starry Night, in my world, is one of the most simplistically incredible pieces of artwork of all time. So, you can imagine that any sort of decoration, label, painting, chair, shoe, that represents or looks anything close to Starry night will catch my eye. This is the case with Bella Serra Pinot Grigio. The label paints a beautiful picture of an Italian Chateau at night time, inviting the drinker-to-be to romanticize a situation in which we are somewhere in Italy, drinking a luscious glass of Pinot, while admiring the moonlit rolling hills around us. Oh, the powers of art.

So how was the wine? Simply put, I loved it. It was crisp and clean, not tangy at all (like some Pinots I have had) and paired exceptionally well with the chicken dinner we had. The wine had soft notes of pear and lemon and an easy finish. How would I summarize this wine? It is a great date wine (take notes, men). The bottle was only $12 and was accompanied with a beautiful, starry night-esk label. What more could a girl ask for?

Since I was such a big fan of this wine, I had to pair it with one of my favorite artists, Wax Tailor. "Que Sera" is a uniquely awesome, perfect song to pair with Bella Serra Pinot. They both require an artistic appreciation, which is probably why I love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment