A blog that pairs wine with cheese chocolate music.

Hello, my name is Abby.

My photo
Two passions in my life are wine and music, both of which are wonderfully impossible to ever fully understand or categorize. Wine is a new hobby, while music has been a companion of mine since I can remember. Life can be tough, work can be hard, and school can be demanding, but I have found that with a glass of wine and the right song- relaxation is only a splash and a click away.

Monday, March 19, 2012

URBANization of Wine

    I have not blogged for several weeks now, mainly in part to my extreme traveling schedule. For seven days, I was on a cruise and every weekend since has been full of short excursions out of town. None the less, I recently tried a new wine and have fallen in love.

   White wines hold the key to my heart; I enjoy a crisp, smooth, light wine taste. As I have blogged before, red wine is a new hobby; however, white wine is my true passion. My wonderful roommate recently brought home a magnificent white wine, called Urban. Not only is this word close to my heart (I am an Urban and Regional Planning masters student) but the wine was a white Torrontes. Urban is a very light and crisp wine with absolutely no corky taste and hints of pear, honey, and apple flavors. This is because it is produced in steel barrels- a new alternative to oak. The wine is produced in Argentina, an up and coming steel barrel production country. For those who do not like the earthy, woody taste coming from oak barrels, steel barrel production is for you. As with most white wines, this Torrontes goes great with chicken and seafood, in fact, I am about to pair it with chicken florentine for dinner tonight. Here is its musical pairing: 


Hue: White
  -Urban
  -Argentina
  -100% Torrontes Grapes 
  -2010
  -$12 or less (Kroger) 
____________________________________________

Tune I: Till It Happens to You
  -Corinne Bailey Rae
  -Beautiful, slightly raspy vocals with a simplistic beat.
____________________________________________

Tune II: As the Rush Comes
  -Motorcycle
  - A favorite of mine.
  - Great song to listen to while sipping a chilled white wine.
  - After a hard day at work or school, this is an awesome song to relax to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment