A blog that pairs wine with cheese chocolate music.

Hello, my name is Abby.

My photo
Two passions in my life are wine and music, both of which are wonderfully impossible to ever fully understand or categorize. Wine is a new hobby, while music has been a companion of mine since I can remember. Life can be tough, work can be hard, and school can be demanding, but I have found that with a glass of wine and the right song- relaxation is only a splash and a click away.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Australian Moscato- A Truly Sweet Experience

     I am a sweet wine drinker. There is no hiding that. I am also a budget drinker, for the most part, so anytime I can get my hands on a good deal- I am there. The other night, some friends and I were at Seven 11. Yes, this blog is about a wine I purchased there. It was late at night, I needed a quick, easy drink, and I needed something cheap. Say hello to Lotto Moscato.

     Lotto is a $5.99 bottle of wine. It is very sweet and can be sipped alone. If you want to pair it with food, keeping it to something made with chicken is probably the best bet. In my opinion, this wine makes for a great sipping wine. I was snuggled up outside with a blanket, listening to great music with friends while I drank this. It is a social wine, in my opinion, and is a great drink for cool spring nights and warm sunny-day picnics. It has peach and pear undertones with a hint of honeysuckle and a very sweet nose.

     Just by smelling the wine you can guess how it will taste. Swirling this wine shows a few streaks (also called legs) down the side of the wine glass- all of which run very slowly. Therefore, this wine was a low alcohol content (10% to be exact) with a high sugar content. You can tell the alcoholic content and sugar content of the wine just by swirling. Here's how:

--multiple streaks= high alcohol content (the alcohol breaks up the liquid when it is swirled)
--hardly any steaks= low alcohol content
--slow running streaks= high sugar content (the sugar creates a syrupy-like texture so it runs slower)
--fast running streaks= low sugar content

   To me, Lotto wine tastes like a spiked white grape juice. Obviously, if you like sweet wine, this is an easy buy. I am also guessing that this is a girl's wine- from the bottle, to the taste, to the smell- this wonderfully sweet wine makes you want to listen to happy, uplifting, good beat songs. Here is it's pairing:

  Hue: White
  -2010
  -Lotto
 -Southeastern Australia
 -$5.99 
______________________________________________________________________________

  Tunes:
-My Same by Adele (because she is awesome)
-So Much to Say by Dave Matthews Band (Dave is one of the best artists to listen to. Period.) 
- Walking on a Dream- Empire of the Sun (Makes you want to jump around your house and sing) 
_______________________________________________________________________________

   Fun wine and fun songs for fun weather. I love Spring (my favorite season next to Fall). I would say that Lotto is almost like opening up Spring time in a bottle. Just like Spring weather makes me happy, Lotto made my taste buds happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment