A blog that pairs wine with cheese chocolate music.

Hello, my name is Abby.

My photo
Two passions in my life are wine and music, both of which are wonderfully impossible to ever fully understand or categorize. Wine is a new hobby, while music has been a companion of mine since I can remember. Life can be tough, work can be hard, and school can be demanding, but I have found that with a glass of wine and the right song- relaxation is only a splash and a click away.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Songs For The Soul

    “Yoga teaches you how to age gracefully just like a great bottle of wine ages gracefully."
-David Romanelli
     
     Along with juicing and a new-found interest for meditation at night- I love yoga and practice it regularly. As with wine tasting, music plays an instrumental part in my yoga experience. I attend class but will happily set up a home yoga room when I do not have time for class. I have included a list of songs that would be/are wonderful additions to a home yoga workout. In fact, I am finding that yoga and wine make a great combination. Here is a link about yoga and wine. Interesting read. A New York Times article also discussed yoga and wine combination retreats. Yoga and wine-making are both aged practices and have been around for centuries- no wonder they are both awesome. 

1. My Friend- Groove Armada (for power yoga moves and/or vinyasa)

2. Into Dust- Mazzy Star (for those meditative positions) 

3. Alternate Thursday-Platonic (for warm-up yoga stretches) 

4. Obsession- The Un-Calculated Some (for breathing exercises) 

5. Exzebache- Tommy Guerrero (for those hard standing poses)

6. The Hop- Radio Citizen (for any pose- it's an AWESOME song)

7. Throw It All Away- Zero 7 (for those deep stretch poses)

8. Ghostwriter- RJD2 (for harder, detailed poses) 




 Tree- one of my favorite poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment