A blog that pairs wine with cheese chocolate music.

Hello, my name is Abby.

My photo
Two passions in my life are wine and music, both of which are wonderfully impossible to ever fully understand or categorize. Wine is a new hobby, while music has been a companion of mine since I can remember. Life can be tough, work can be hard, and school can be demanding, but I have found that with a glass of wine and the right song- relaxation is only a splash and a click away.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Put A Cork In It

    As promised, below are some craft ideas to make out of wine corks. I have also included a link for those interested in the origins of the wine cork.

Me on Port Cros Island, just off of France in front of a cork tree.


Corks can be glued together to make a coaster for hot drinks.


Or, use them for card/sign holders. Just slice it down the middle and insert.


Apparently, they make great shower mats.
source:craftynest.com

Cut shapes to make stamps.
source:3.bp.blogspot.com

Obviously, they can be made into a cute cork board.
source: 2.bp.blogspot.com


     If you have a cat, like I do, I have read that you can put a whole in the corks and fill them with catnip. A great idea. I might try. There are hundreds of craft ideas for wine corks- these were just a few of my favorites. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment